Anyone who works in search cannot avoid Google Adwords & Google Analytics. Power BI has built some templates for reporting for Google Analytics, but nothing exists at time of writing for Google Adwords.
We had a need to measure the success of our Adwords efforts, while also determining where it made most sense to spend on campaigns. We had some existing data we could leverage to order revenue by advertising spend and also keyword ranking.
First we had a couple of issue to solve…
- How do we get our campaign data from Google Adwords into Power BI?
- How do we combine the data (AdWords, Revenue & Search Ranking)
Then we had some other questions to answer…
- How do we help fix exceptions? (when data doesn’t match)
- How do we make sure Adwords users trust our reporting in Power BI?
- What are we going to show to help manage and suggest AdWords Campaign spend?
the questions will be answered in my next few posts…